Wed 04/11 | Thurs 04/12
This week we continue to work with the Element of Design Color, by exploring Color Harmonies.
Due for This Class
Finalize Exercise 3: Color Studies
After reading Design Basics: Color | Introduction to end of Properties of Color go to Blackboard and on the post 9: Design Basics: Color I share an example for each of the concepts below. Due on Class 12.
After reading Design Basics - introduction to end of Properties of Color complete the sentences below:
1. Color is a property of _______________ .
2. Color from light combines and forms new visual sensations based on what is called the _______________ system.
3. Pigments and dyes (paints and inks) combine in the ______________ system.
4. Red, green and blue are ________________ system primary colors.
5. ________________ system primary colors for pigments (paints) are _______________, _______________ and _______________ and the dyes (inks) primary colors are ___________________, ___________________ and ___________________ .
6. Color __________________________ is a psychological compensation for the fact that the colors of things are constantly changing with light.
7. Post a visual example of how our perception of colors change according to their surroundings.
8. The first property of color is called _____________ and refers to the name of the color in the spectrum.
9. The most common organization for the relationships of the basic color is the ____________________________ and the primary colors are _____________, _________________ and ________________ .
10. Mixture of two primary colors is called ____________________ colors.
11. Mixture of a primary color with and adjacent ______________ color is called _________________ colors.
12. The three properties of color are: __________________, ________________, ________________ .
13. The relative lightness or darkness of a color is called ____________________ .
14. A tint is created by adding _________________ to a color.
15. A shade is created by adding ____________________ to a color.
16. The third property of color is called ____________________ (also known as chroma) and refers to the _______________ of a color.
17. The two ways to lower a color intensity are by adding ____________________ or the color ______________________ .
18. Post a visual example of afterimage.
PLEASE INSERT THE IMAGE IN THE TEXT USING THE IMAGE ICON image icon IN BLACKBOARD TEXT EDITOR. DO NOT PASTE OR ADD LINKS OR ATTACHED DOCS THAT OPEN IN ANOTHER WINDOW OR NEED TO BE COPIED AND PASTED TO BE SEEN!!!!!!!!!!
You are required to do the course evaluation!
Go to Course Evaluation and login with your WCC username and password (same as Blackboard.) Print or do a print screen to show and get credit for it.
Blackboard Post 9: Design Basics: Color I
Work on Project 8 | Color Schemes Parts 1 & 2 up to Step 6.
Project 8: Color Schemes Parts 1 and 2 up to Step 6. Due Class 13.
Watch the free videos Introduction and Establishing a Focal Point by Mary Jane Begin in Lynda.com https://www.lynda.com/Design-Color-tutorials/Introduction/155278/163070-4.html
After reading Design Basics: Color - Palettes to end of Color Schemes go to Blackboard and on the post 10: Design Basics: Color II share an example for each of the concepts below. Due on Class 13.
1. Visual Color Mixing
2. Cool Colors
3. Warm Colors
4. Color Dominance
5. Using color to achieve balance in an asymmetrical composition
6. Atmospheric Perspective with Colors
7. Emphasizing Flatness with Colors
8. Monochromatic Color Scheme
9. Analogous Color Scheme
10. Complementary Color Scheme
11. Triadic Color Scheme
PLEASE INSERT THE IMAGE IN THE TEXT USING THE IMAGE ICON IN BLACKBOARD TEXT EDITOR. DO NOT PASTE OR ADD LINKS OR ATTACHED DOCS THAT OPEN IN ANOTHER WINDOW OR NEED TO BE COPIED AND PASTED TO BE SEEN!!!!!!!!!!
On your sketchbook or notebook handwrite the definitions for the following words:
Primary Colors, Secondary Colors, Tertiary Colors, Hue, Value, Saturation, Color Harmony, Monochromatic, Analogous Colors, Complementary Colors, Triadic Color Scheme, Color Temperature, Cool Colors, Warm Colors.
You can find some of the definitions under the link Resources/Vocabulary Words, in "Design Basics", or researching the web.
Due on Class 13.