Wed 04/03 | Thurs 04/04
Value | Illusion of Space
This week we continue to work with Project 7: Value Self-Portrait exploring how to abstract from Subject Matter by focusing on the Element of Design Value to visually understand Illusion of Space and depth through value gradation.
Due for This Class
Finalize Project 6 | Organizing the Random. Bring artwork to class, upload a photo of the project to your Wordpress portfolio along with the written critique under Project 6.
After going through the presentation on Value and reading Design Basics: Value find visual examples for the terms below and post them to Blackboard post 8. Design Basics Value. Due at the beginning of Class 10.
Representational Illusion of Light
Non-representational Illusion of Light
Project 7 | Value Self-Portrait Part 1 [Steps 1 & 2] and Part 2 [Steps 3 & 4].
White Acrylic Paint | Black Acrylic Paint | All Paintbrushes | Scissors | Mixing Palette | Container for Water | Drawing Paper | Bristol Board | Ruler | Pencils | Xacto Knife | Rubber Cement.
Work on Project 7 | Value Self-Portrait.
Project 7 | Value Self-Portrait Finalized and uploaded to e-portfolio
After reading Design Basics: Color | Introduction to end of Properties of Color go to Blackboard and on the post 8: Design Basics: Color I share an example for each of the concepts below. Due on Class 12.
After reading Design Basics - introduction to end of Properties of Color complete the sentences below:
1. Color is a property of _______________ .
2. Color from light combines and forms new visual sensations based on what is called the _______________ system.
3. Pigments and dyes (paints and inks) combine in the ______________ system.
4. Red, green and blue are ________________ system primary colors.
5. ________________ system primary colors for pigments (paints) are _______________, _______________ and _______________ and the dyes (inks) primary colors are ___________________, ___________________ and ___________________ .
6. Color __________________________ is a psychological compensation for the fact that the colors of things are constantly changing with light.
7. Post a visual example of how our perception of colors change according to their surroundings.
8. The first property of color is called _____________ and refers to the name of the color in the spectrum.
9. The most common organization for the relationships of the basic color is the ____________________________ and the primary colors are _____________, _________________ and ________________ .
10. Mixture of two primary colors is called ____________________ colors.
11. Mixture of a primary color with and adjacent ______________ color is called _________________ colors.
12. The three properties of color are: __________________, ________________, ________________ .
13. The relative lightness or darkness of a color is called ____________________ .
14. A tint is created by adding _________________ to a color.
15. A shade is created by adding ____________________ to a color.
16. The third property of color is called ____________________ (also known as chroma) and refers to the _______________ of a color.
17. The two ways to lower a color intensity are by adding ____________________ or the color ______________________ .
18. Post a visual example of afterimage.
PLEASE INSERT THE IMAGE IN THE TEXT USING THE IMAGE ICON image icon IN BLACKBOARD TEXT EDITOR. DO NOT PASTE OR ADD LINKS OR ATTACHED DOCS THAT OPEN IN ANOTHER WINDOW OR NEED TO BE COPIED AND PASTED TO BE SEEN!!!!!!!!!!
Bring all your color painting supplies to the next class!
Gouache Paints [yellow, red, blue, white & black], All Paintbrushes, mixing palette, water container and cleaning rag | Drawing Paper | Ruler | Graphite Pencils | Eraser