Westchester Community College Foundation Scholarships
The Westchester Community College Foundation was established in 1969 to meet College and student needs not met by public funds. As part of its mission, the Foundation’s primary objective is to provide scholarships for incoming, continuing, and graduating students. Since 2007, the WCC Foundation has annually awarded scholarships in excess of $1 million to deserving students. Last year, we awarded over $1.6 million in scholarships. Students may apply to the Foundation for scholarship assistance by completing the online application form.
How to Apply:
· Apply online at https://sunywcc.academicworks.com/users/sign_in, using your MyWCC User ID and Password
o (You may also access this page from the college’s website: http://www.sunywcc.edu/student-services/scholarships/)
· Complete the online application in its entirety
· Upload your personal statement
· Upload your transcript(s)
· Request your letters of recommendation. (Please contact your recommenders BEFORE you enter their email addresses online!)
· Follow up with recommenders to ensure recommendations are submitted by the due date
· Submit additional documents, as needed
· If you have not already done so, then please activate your @my.sunywcc.edu email address. ALL CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE SCHOLARSHIP CENTER WILL BE SENT TO YOUR @MY.SUNYWCC.EDU EMAIL ADDRESS!! (We will not communicate with you at personal email addresses.)
Note: The Final Deadline is October 15, 2017
Scholarship Application Workshops:
Have questions about the application? Need help filling out the online application form? Then come to one of our workshops, which are held Wednesdays and Thursdays during the months of September and October:
· Wednesdays: Sept 13th, Sept 27th, Oct. 11th, Wednesday: Sept 20th (note the location)
o 11:15 a.m. -12:50 p.m. 11:15 a.m. – 12:50 p.m.
o CLASSROOM BUILDING, ROOM 321 TECHNOLOGY BUILDING, ROOM 25F
· Thursdays: Sept 14th, Sept 21st, Sept 28th, Oct 12th
o 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
o CLASSROOM BUILDING, ROOM 321
Our office is located on the second floor of the Library, Room 242. You may also call us at (914) 606-6442.