Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a current student at an accredited U.S. community college or two-year institution with sophomore status by December 31, 2016, or a recent graduate (since spring 2012).
- Plan to enroll full time in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university in fall 2017.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.5 or better on a scale of 4.0 (or the equivalent).
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need. We will consider applicants with family income up to $95,000. However, we anticipate that a majority of scholarship recipients will be eligible to receive a Pell grant.
- Have not previously enrolled at or attended a four-year institution.
Students who have attended a four-year institution in the past are not eligible for this scholarship. (If you started at a four-year institution, but did not complete a semester of full-time study, then you may be eligible. Please contact the JKC Foundation to verify your eligibility.)
Students who have already transferred to a four-year institution or plan to transfer to start during the spring 2017 semester are also not eligible for this scholarship.
The deadline for all application materials is October 25, 2016 at noon ET.